
Our Amish neighbor, John
Our neighbor David just bought a racehorse that did not make the cut and he's been training it...you should see this horse run!!!
This is the wreath on our front door... what, might you ask, is so neat about our wreath? Well, every year a pair of birds nest in the wreath. We've had Robins, House Wrens, and Purple Finches. Last year Daddy used our old video camera and set it up so we could watch the birdies "LIVE" from our video monitor. It was really cool to watch the birds as they hatched and got bigger and bigger and finally flew out of the nest! This year it is a pair of Purple Finches and they have laid four eggs!!!
The other day I combed and trimmed up Diamonds (our pony's) mane...you can see pieces of his hair in the nest! Lillia found a four leaf clover!!!
Mommy's rhododendron bush is blooming!
Sweet lil David!






Wow! Love the pictures!
ReplyDeleteThe farmer's wife
What are you going to tell the Amish neighbors when they see the posting?!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures were beautiful to look at on a gray spring day. We'll see you on Monday to celebrate 'lucky Lillia's birthday'. Grandmommy
nice post:) kate
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I love the pics!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Like the "eggs in the nest" photo.
ReplyDeleteI don't think my last comment went through, so I'll leave another one.
ReplyDeleteThese are great photos! I love that you are able to see the birds and their eggs up close. Nature is so fascinating.
We are trying to hatch chicken eggs in our incubator. I find myself going to watch the eggs all during the day for long periods of time, just hoping to see some activity. Hopefully, they'll be hatching soon... and live!