This past year our sweet Amish neighbors, Becca and Lillian, came and helped our Keeper's club make taffy. Mom asked them what she could do for them as a payment and they asked her if she could have a tea party at our house. One of their Amish friends (who is also a friend of ours) had been excommunicated and shunned from the Amish church a few years ago and they really wanted to see her. Since she couldn't go to their house and they can't go to her's, our house was a neutral meeting place. So Mom sent Lillia around to the different Amish houses with invitations to come to an afternoon tea party the following week. We were going to have it outside but the weather decided that we should probably have it inside, since no one really likes to sit in the rain and drink tea!
Our buffet was the perfect place to set up the tea's and coffee...
I had fun taking plaques and decorations from around our house to decorate the tables
Mom went and picked Queen Anne's lace for our flower decorations...
Lillia and I decorated mason jars for the flowers.
The suitcase is something I picked up from the store where I work.
Old books and pearls are always perfect centerpieces! Mom wanted to go with a bird and nest theme so we had little nests with eggs and birds perched around the table.
We also had some cold beverages...
Lemonade... there was mocha punch as well.
fruit...
Mom took tile and glued two pieces together to make a little sign.
Tile is actually dry erasable so you can write on them over and over again.
In the background you can see our watermelon bowl. Mom cut it out and put a bowl inside of the watermelon "shell" so the fruit wouldn't leak all over the platter and onto the table. Inside the bowl were watermelon and cantaloupe balls.
Pickle pinwheels are large pickles smothered in cream cheese, then wrapped in ham. Refrigerate overnight and then them slice just before serving.
Everyone brought delicious desserts...
and we also made chicken salad...
It was a wonderful afternoon and all the ladies were so happy to see Rachel again. I didn't get any pictures of the table in full array because there were some very old order Amish ladies there and I didn't want to offend any of them. Sorry!
Have a blessed day!
~Kaitlyn, for the Sanger Family
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The tables look lovely and your mom always has new ideas for food which I think is just great. So nice that you can be a friend to your Amish neighbors.
ReplyDeleteI've said it before, and I will say it again...Your mom really knows how to throw a party! The decorations and food always look so nice :)
ReplyDelete