We recently had a Keepers meeting at our house where the girls learned to make Fabric Bowls. The uses for these bowls vary, you can keep sewing notions in them, craft supplies, school odds and ends, etc.
First the girls cut 3/4" strips of 100% cotton fabric
Then they wrapped the strips around cotton clothesline cording and sewed with a zig-zag stich to attach the ropes together into a circle.
Once they sewed the base of their bowl as wide as they wanted, (for a medium sized bowl about 3 1/2" in diameter) they held the base up against the side of their machine to create the sides of their bowl.
Everyone intently working on their projects...
A few of the girls made trivets and coasters instead of bowls. One mom was talking about making a rug the same way. There are lots of different things to make using fabric and rope!
Lillia and Mom made homemade funnel-cakes for a fun snack after the meeting was over..yum!
.jpg)
Zoë and I are in our last year of Keeper's so our mom's thought it would be a good idea for us to teach a class this year. We learned how to make fabric bowls last year and thought it would be a fun and easy sewing project to teach our fellow Keeper's at Home girls :)
This picture was just too cute not to include in the post! Benjamin sure seems to enjoy being held by Faith! :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I wish I could have been at this meeting! These bowls are really neat looking! You and Zoe will have to teach me how to make it sometime!!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute project!
ReplyDeleteGood job, girls!
I heard you girls had done this. I love how they turned out and the fact that you and Zoe taught the class. Great job!
ReplyDelete