Our shirts had been soaking for the last 20 minutes in soda ash water, this helps the shirt colors to remain bright. We wrung out our shirts so they were only a little damp and then we began to choose our designs. I chose a pattern called "Sunbursts", everyone else in my family chose the "Spiral".
Wringing out the shirts
Joy and Lillia
Deciding what designs to do...
After we got home we had to let the shirts sit for 6 hrs.
On Friday morning we cut the rubber bands and...wala! a tye-dyed shirt!
We had to let them hang for another day, so all the extra dye could dry.
Elainah
Lillia, Joy, Elainah, David, Hope, and I
Sweet Joy!
Hope & David
Hope
Lillia and Hope chugging up a hill...
Daddy and Hope
Mommy
Joshua pulling David
The pictures are so VERY cute... Love the way ur shirts turned out....My heart sorta looks like a badge or somthing!!! :P (If it looks like anything at all)!?! I want to re-re-wind and do it over, (now that I've seen how cute y'alls are)!
ReplyDeleteWe just went on a bike ride today. To G-pa's work. He does such amazing job!
Ciao,
Zo-zo
That is so neat!!! love the pics!
ReplyDeleteJoanna
Cool shirts! The pics are so cute! (:
ReplyDelete