Saturday, November 4, 2017

PA Creations | Switzerland






Rachel Sanger, married to one of my Dads cousins, taught the next Creations meeting all about her homeland, Switzerland, where she was born and lived until she was nine.
We planned to have the meeting on Columbus Day so other children who attend public school could come to this wonderful, informative class!



Switzerland doesn't just have one official language it has four:German in the middle, French in the west, Italian to the south, and Romanian in the southeast.


We made a little Swiss army knife out of foam sheets



Some chocolates from Switzerland.

This is a little box that you would receive when you went to school to hold your pencils and pens.

Cowbells are still used there!



For the snack, Rachel and Lillia made a crepe batter from her moms recipe.

Faith and Lillia cooked them for everyone.

Nutella spread and jam are very popular in Switzerland to put on your crepes.

My cousin, Josiah and I

Elainah, Bethany, Hope, and Joy 


Rachel did a wonderful job, I now know so much more then what I did about Switzerland.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sure Rachel enjoyed sharing information about her homeland as much as you all liked learning about it. Your pictures gave me a little insight into her presentation, Hope. Looks like an awesome program. Cute cooks too! Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete