Saturday, February 20, 2016

~Time for Tea~


Ribbons and Pearls, Teacups and Lace,
You are invited to a Tea Party
 at the Sanger's Place!
 
For February's Keepers meeting we learned about tea blends, 
etiquette, and had a tea party!
 
 

This is actually a bulletin board I have had in my room for  years.  Mommy asked if she could borrow it and covered it with  a piece of black poster board.  Chalk works great on the paper and even wipes off with a damp cloth.  I think it has found a new home on the kitchen wall!
 
 
 
Mommy did an awesome job decorating for it!
 
 
Grandmommy demonstrated her neat "tea toys": strainers, brew baskets, specialty mugs, etc.
 

Mya was able to visit us this class.
 
 
 We made 8 different kinds of tea the day before for taste testing.
 

 



After learning about different teas we were each able to make our own blend.
 
 

Then we stapled our blend to the back of these teapots which were cut out of black poster board.

Next it was etiquette class in the living room. To remind us not to be a "bull in a china shop" and to help with posture we played a version of follow the leader with books on our heads.


 
Then we read over different etiquette "rules" and verses from the Bible that remind us manners are important. 
 
 
 


 


 




 
 
 


 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Sister Melissa does an awesome job with the boys class.
They learned about eagles and then were able to make their own wooden wind lawn ornaments.
Joshua has started working full time at a fencing company so he wasn't able to participate.

 

 
 

 
 

5 comments:

  1. The tea party was beautifully decorated, love all the details and sayings! Great job on the lawn ornaments boys!

    -Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh, I made a typo---meant to say used to instead of sued to! Sorry. Didn't know how to edit! I need some computer lessons! HA! Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I was at the Keeper's Tea Meeting. I wish I could have been with Melissa and her crew too. What a nice group of young ladies and gentlemen. Your pictures showed how special the 'TEA ROOM' looked and the yummy goodies to go with the tea. I want to try elderberry for sure. Fun, fun, fun! G-mommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything was lovely, and we had a great time. Thanks for inviting us. 😀

    ReplyDelete