Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Essential Oils & Woodworking

 I have enjoyed using essential oils for a little over a year! 
So when it came time for us to choose a topic to teach the homeschool club, essential oils it was!
 
We started with a little lesson.  Essential oils are not just a fad. 
 Did you know they are mentioned over 200 times in the Bible?
 
We bought the oils on the rack from the Garden Tomb in Israel.
 
The girls are working on baking soda ornaments with cinnamon essential oil added.
 

 
 
 We shredded bees wax and added a few other ingredients on the stove top to make our own lavender lip balm and chap sticks.
 
 




 
 

We made candy cane  peppermint scented Epsom salts layered with red mineral salt.
 
We made essential oil room spray.  If you use a good quality witch hazel instead of water the scent lasts longer.
 
 
We made lavender lip balm, cinnamon ornaments, sweet orange soap, room spray, candy cane bath salts, foot spray, and lavender dryer bags.  We also showed different ways to package their projects in case they wanted to give them as presents.
 
 
 
While the girls were busy inside, Aunt Melissa was busy teaching the boys in the garage making log pencil holders and wood burning wood covered books.
 

 
 

 
 
 
~Lillia

 

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting post!! I would have enjoyed both the girls' lesson on oils & the boys' on wood burning. These students are blessed to have such interesting topics & projects to do. God bless you all!! Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have been at your class, Lillia. You made so many projects that are useful but also make great gifts. Hint, hint! I've learned so much from you already. I think you could have an adult class too. Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete