Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christmas Tree Into "Bird Tree"

After Christmas my mom went to a local Christmas Tree Recycling Center and got a Christmas tree.  Why does she do this every year?  She makes it into a "Bird Tree"!  We put the tree on our back deck and decorated it with fruits, popcorn, and bird treats to attract our feathered friends.  We've had lots of eastern bluebirds and a few dark-eyed juncos, cardinals, purple finches, and tufted titmouse's!
 







 


Tufted Titmouse...
 


8 comments:

  1. I really like this post. Beautiful bird pictures! You know how I love feeding and watching birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea! I love seeing different kinds of pretty birds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That a very good idea!
    The pictures are beautiful:)
    Have a wonderful day,
    God Bless
    Keila

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love feeding the birds... but Ive never been able to attract blue birds.~ kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some really pretty birds!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat idea!! The bluebirds are beautiful!!! Always enjoy reading your blog! Uncle enjoys it too. Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to enter these pictures in a contest, Kaitlyn. They are gorgeous. I love the close up shots. Wish we had bluebirds around here.Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete