The jar lids take a long time to dry, so I painted them first.
I painted the toothpicks orange and stuck them in a Styrofoam plate to dry.
They will then be my snowman's nose.
Once your jar lid is dry, hot glue your white beads (actually they aren't beads they are some kind of hard mashed crystal stuff we picked up at a yard sale this summer :) around the rim.
Glue your black beads on as "eyes" and stick the toothpick in as a "nose".
Now glue your "head" onto the jar lid.
(To give your head a more realistic snow-packed look you can gently smoosh it with your fingertips)
Paint dots for a mouth...oops, I forgot to smoosh this ball! :)
Stick your pipe cleaner in both sides of the Styrofoam head and glue a pom-pom on each end for ear muffs. If you don't have pom poms you can twist pipe cleaners into muffs.
Form the ends of the wire into arms and stick them into the ball.
Now add your ribbon for the scarf and glue in place.
You might recognize this ribbon from our Christmas get together! :)
We save package trimmings for scarves!
Add a button for a finishing touch and your jar is ready to be filled!
Yes, I had fun making snowfolks! :)
Save your jars! :)
Those are so cool! Hey Kaitlyn you should post pic of your self more often! =)
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you see you soon!!!! =D Joanna
Awww those are adorable!! Love em!
ReplyDeleteThey are so cute! Your so creative!
ReplyDeleteWow!...those are amazing! :) I want to try to make one sometime....thanks for the tutorial. :)
ReplyDeleteSo this is the post you were doing when I was on the phone with you! Ha i had to tell you how to spell spaghetti. Anyways they are adorable!
ReplyDeleteYour snow people look so happy! they seem to all be looking up...what are they looking at? Nice post! You are so creative!
ReplyDeleteThe farmer's wife
Great post Kaitlyn! Love those green scarves . Thanks for sharing. Aunt Jen
ReplyDelete